EDF Action, NWF Action Launch New Ads to Celebrate Bipartisan Farm Bill
Digital ads will thank Senators for their commitment to farmers and conservation
(Washington, D.C. – June 15, 2018) EDF Action and the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund today released the first in a series of ads thanking Senate Agriculture Committee leadership and membership for maintaining a bipartisan farm bill process and stepping up at a critical moment for farmers and the environment.
“The Senate Agriculture Committee has shown that working across the aisle isn’t a quaint notion, it’s the foundation of good policy. The committee-passed bill embraces bipartisan stewardship values, support for rural communities and a strong and resilient farm economy,” said Joe Bonfiglio, president of EDF Action.
Digital ads will run in Washington, D.C. and across the country to reach constituents of Chairman Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), Ranking Member Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.), and Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) and John Thune (R-S.D.).
“This year’s farm bill has strong conservation provisions for wildlife and shows that bipartisanship is still alive in the U.S. Senate. These Senators deserve our thanks for prioritizing key conservation programs that provide vital benefits for soil, water and wildlife, and help support farmers in rural America,” said Collin O’Mara, president of the National Wildlife Federation Action Fund.
The ads thank Senators for an innovative, forward-thinking farm bill that includes:
- Full funding for core conservation programs.
- Increased funding for public-private partnerships through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program.
- Aggregated and anonymized data that maintains privacy and helps researchers study conservation, productivity and profitability.
- Lower crop insurance premiums for farmers who use risk reducing conservation practices.
- Expedited processes for codifying on-farm innovations and new technology into USDA policies.
Click here to see the ads.