Power Up, America resources
We’re urging Congress and the Biden-Harris administration to create good jobs and healthier communities by prioritizing zero-pollution trucks buses and cars and clean energy.
Stop paying, start charging
30-second campaign ad
Oil companies have signaled they will seek to undermine President Biden’s policies to advance electric vehicles and move away from polluting gasoline, including with misleading attacks.
A new ad campaign on TV and online in six states (FL, GA, MI, OH, OR and PA) and DC calls out the fossil fuel industry’s efforts to slow the growth of the American clean transportation industry and prolong the average U.S. resident’s $175-a-month gasoline habit.
Related polling shows that fewer than 1 in 3 Americans trust what the oil industry has to say about electric vehicles.
Power Up, America explained
- Two pager | En Español [PDF]
- Report: Climate and clean energy stimulus policies to power up America | Summary [PDF]
- Where the U.S. EV market is revving up jobs and investment [PDF]
- How electric vehicles will benefit rural America [PDF]
- Midwest farm communities can lead the way toward a zero-emissions future [PDF]
- State fact sheets: Arizona | Colorado | West Virginia [PDF]
- Fact sheets on types of electric vehicles: Short haul trucks | Cargo vans | Transit buses | Box trucks [PDF]
- EDF blog post: These 4 trends prove electric trucks and buses are revving up
- EDF blog post: 100% zero-emissions trucks. How close are we?
- Washington Post op-ed: How the Biden administration should frame its priorities
- Cleveland Plain Dealer column: Ohio manufacturing can play key role in achieving U.S. electric vehicle goals
Polls show public support
- Survey shows 81% of Latino voters said it’s very important or extremely important that the United States to make long-term investments to help jumpstart the economy by prioritizing clean energy jobs in wind and solar [PDF]
- Survey finds 65% of Americans, including 68% of Latinos and 70% of Black Americans, say it should be a priority for Congress to pass legislation to increase clean transportation like electric trucks and buses [PDF]
- Poll: 81% of Colorado voters [PDF] and 78% of Arizona voters [PDF] say it should be a priority for the U.S. to pass legislation to address climate change
- EDF: Report shows zero-emission trucks, buses are ready to roll in North America [PDF]
- EDF Report: Accelerating to 100% Clean- Zero Emitting Vehicles Save Lives, Advance Justice, Create Jobs [PDF]
- WE ACT For Environmental Justice: Green Jobs Report: Creating a Green Workforce, Community-Based Solutions for a Diverse Green Jobs Sector
- American Lung Association: The Road to Clean Air: Benefits of a Nationwide Transition to Electric Vehicle [PDF]