Who is Scott Pruitt?
President-Elect Trump's pick to run the Environmental Protection Agency — Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt — sided with polluters who gave millions to his political agenda. His repeated collaboration with major polluters undermines confidence in his ability to stand up for everyday Americans as EPA Administrator. Soon, he might hold the highest environmental seat in our country.
- Find out more about Pruitt’s misdeeds in EDF's blog posts.
- Listen to our Telephone Town Hall with EDF President Fred Krupp and Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, on the fight to oppose this dangerous nomination.
- Pruitt's agenda comes with real health and economic consequences
Major news outlets have begun to unravel his history of hazy ethics:
- The New York Times: Scott Pruitt, Trump's E.P.A. Pick, Backed Industry Donors Over Regulators
- Politico: Senate Dems raise new conflict-of-interest charges against Pruitt
- New Republic: At Scott Pruitt's Confirmation Hearing, Science Will Be on Trial
Learn about Scott Pruitt's web of fundraising and law suits: We've also compiled information on the 14 times Scott Pruitt has sued to block clean air and water safeguards from EPA, the agency he has been nominated to lead. New research shows that in every suit except one, at least one of Pruitt's co-litigators contributed to Pruitt's campaign or a political action committee affiliated with Pruitt — directly, or via an employee or member.
Spread the Word
We can't afford to stay silent on this nomination. Help get the word out, and let the American people know that President-elect Trump's pick to run the EPA sided with polluters who gave millions to his political agenda.
Retweet EDF President Fred Krupp's warning:
Just posted, damning + accurate. Pruitt spent his entire career trying to dismantle EPA; he's unfit to lead it https://t.co/yP8M0yLU0Z— Fred Krupp (@FredKrupp) January 14, 2017
Share this Facebook post to show conservatives are concerned about Pruitt, too:
Retweet EDF Action to share our video highlighting Pruitt's questionable history
Trump's EPA nom was caught in an “unpredicted, secretive alliance” with energy firm. Learn more and take action https://t.co/U3ORYE00BE— EDF Action (@EDFaction) January 14, 2017