Who is Scott Pruitt?
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has sided with polluters who gave millions to his political agenda. His repeated collaboration with major polluters undermines confidence in his ability to stand up for everyday Americans as EPA Administrator. Now we’re focused on fighting Mr. Pruitt’s agenda of dismantling clean air and water protections that have saved so many lives.
- Find out more about Pruitt’s misdeeds in EDF's blog posts.
- Listen to our Telephone Town Hall with EDF President Fred Krupp and Rhode Island Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, on why we opposed this dangerous nomination.
- Pruitt's agenda comes with real health and economic consequences
Major news outlets have begun to unravel his history of hazy ethics:
- The New York Times: Scott Pruitt, Trump's E.P.A. Pick, Backed Industry Donors Over Regulators
- Politico: Senate Dems raise new conflict-of-interest charges against Pruitt
- Washington Post: Thousands of emails detail EPA head’s close ties to fossil fuel industry
Learn about Scott Pruitt's web of fundraising and law suits: We've also compiled information on the 14 times Scott Pruitt has sued to block clean air and water safeguards from EPA, the agency he has been nominated to lead. New research shows that in every suit except one, at least one of Pruitt's co-litigators contributed to Pruitt's campaign or a political action committee affiliated with Pruitt — directly, or via an employee or member.
Spread the Word
We can't afford to stay silent with Scott Pruitt as our EPA Administrator. If unchecked, the Scott Pruitt and President Trump’s agenda will mean more smog, mercury, carbon, and arsenic pollution in our air and water.
We need your help fight these attacks, and speak up on behalf of our natural world, and the clean energy economy we need to preserve it, and to ensure that our long-standing bipartisan commitment to clean air and water is not betrayed.
Retweet EDF President Fred Krupp's warning:
Just posted, damning + accurate. Pruitt spent his entire career trying to dismantle EPA; he's unfit to lead it https://t.co/yP8M0yLU0Z— Fred Krupp (@FredKrupp) January 14, 2017
Share this Facebook post to show conservatives are concerned about Pruitt, too:
Retweet EDF Action to share our video highlighting Pruitt's questionable history
Trump's EPA nom was caught in an “unpredicted, secretive alliance” with energy firm. Learn more and take action https://t.co/U3ORYE00BE— EDF Action (@EDFaction) January 14, 2017