Prevent oil and gas pollution
The Senate will soon vote a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution to block rules issued by the Bureau of Land Management to limit natural gas waste from the oil and gas sector. This recently adopted rule will cut natural gas waste on federal and tribal lands, help ensure a fair return to tribal governments, put our energy resources to good use, and clean up our air. However, the CRA is a reckless and blunt tool and using this measure to roll back the BLM rules would put Americans at risk for years to come. Tell your Senator to vote for taxpayers and against waste.
Senator Udall lays out a clear case for supporting the BLM methane waste rule and urges his colleagues to do the same.
Learn more about why these rules are important in EDF's blog posts.
National and regional news outlets have spoken out again in support of BLM’s rule:
- Denver Post: Congress shouldn’t butcher federal methane rules
- Durango Herald: Repeal of BLM rule is short-sighted, method is extreme and undemocratic
- The Hill: Using the CRA on BLM rule would increase government waste
- Santa Fe New Mexican: Our View: Methane rules to clear the cloud
- The Dickinson Press: CRA repeal could be a disaster for taxpayers
- Las Vegas Sun: Methane rule will benefit Nevadans
- High Country News: Why conservatives should fight for Obama’s methane rules
Spread the Word
We can't afford to stay silent when our taxpayer resources and clean air is at risk. Help get the word out.
Share the waste ticker
Share this Facebook post to show rolling back this rule goes against the new administration’s efforts to reduce government waste:
Retweet EDF Action to share our waste ticker and ask others to contact their Senators
Tell your Senators to put taxpayers and children’s health before special interests https://edf.org/7Tb— EDF Action (@EDFaction) February 3, 2017
Over 7 in 10 Americans support efforts to stop gas leaks. So why is Congress voting for more wasted energy? bit.ly/2lBRWJ1— EDF Action (@EDFaction) February 13, 2017
Stand up for taxpayers and our health by using our simple tools to send an email to your Senators right now using the link below.Take Action